Taylor Made

Taylor Made

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Come at me, BRO!

So, I generally like to keep my blog light and happy, but I DID also say that this was going to be part journal for myself...and whats a journal if I don't keep it real every once in awhile?! Well then it becomes a "book," and I want posterity to know that their great-great-great-EXTRA-SUPER-GREAT-grandma was not only awesome and gorgeous but also candid with her life experiences. That being said...CUE THE REALNESS!

Today is a big, fat NOPE and it's only 10:30am! Though it is Thursday, it feels like a Monday. And not just any Monday: the Monday after you come back from a two week vacation somewhere beautiful, then have to go back to work, after you've sat in traffic for an hour. Am I painting a picture here? Well maybe this will help:


Is this me? It very well could be. Wait.
This woman is wearing makeup. I am not even on THIS level!!
Perhaps my disdain is due in part to the fact that I have a cold, and a baby, who also has a cold. All I want to do is sleep, lay around watching TV, and drink some hot tea. OH, and take a ton of cold meds (yeah, nursing means basically no medicine. At least none worthwhile, anyway). INSTEAD! I wake up with the KRAKEN --
(throwback to 1981 Clash of the Titans because 1) that's the only one I've seen and 2) there is no need to see any others because it is THE Clash of the Titans to end all Clash of the Titans!)


Uriah? Is that you? 

I am convinced these characters are one and the same.
And as for you crib shamers, we are lowering the crib (again) when Rob gets home today.
Where were we? Ah yes, onto my list of grievances.

1. Kraken baby is also teething, as documented in previous blog entry. Gone is my sweet, patient, happy baby. Who IS this tyrant demon child that has replaced him? "I decree no naps, ever! Blocks of sleep? hahaha! That's cute! Oh, you're hungry? That's funny because SO AM I! I have DEMANDS, and they will be heard!...BY THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD IF NECESSARY!" *sigh* His increased mobility, while impressive, is also exasperating at times since he wants to get into everything BUT his many toys strewn about in futile hope of enticing him. 

2. In matters of productivity, today I have gotten Uriah to nap (good 'ol Cry it Out!), and successfully ate breakfast (at 12:30pm). I previously tried Cry It Out and thought I could never do it because it was so hard for me to hear him cry. Don't get me wrong - I  still don't enjoy hearing him cry, but when you have done everything to make your baby comfortable and you know they are tired and just won't sleep, you reevaluate options. Thankfully, his crying was short-lived and I got a good 40 minutes to myself. And it's a good thing I had 40 minutes to myself, because it meant I could contact XFINITY about our connectivity issues! YAY for "personal time"! (eye-roll) Which brings me to my next grievance -

3. Our WIFI has been all day off-and-on for the past 2 weeks, despite all of the "reboots" we were told would fix it. (I know, first world problems, but when you rely on technology for "Elmo Celebrity Songs" to keep your  baby entertained while doing the dishes or folding laundry, WIFI becomes very detrimental to survival. Also, FB while nursing) This just adds to an overall disappointment with Xfinity's service since we obtained them in November, to include, but not limited to: several prior phone calls about the same connectivity issues, multiple technician visits, and a new cable box put in about a month after our other new cable box. You get the idea.

4. The diaper from hell. Self-explanatory.

5. The DIAPER GENIE, which acts as a tomb for any and all diapers from hell, malfunctioned today. The foot pedal wasn't working, and when I tried to push the diaper from hell through the top slot, it wasn't working, even though the chamber was basically empty. Figured out how to get hell diaper down the chute, BUUUUT then the lid wouldn't shut. So the toxic fumes that are normally safely enshrouded in the diaper genie were wafting through our home. This was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back, so I slammed the lid down (not unlike an MMA fighter slams their palm into the face of a poor unfortunate opponent), and it broke off. HOWEVER! The hinges didn't break, and the lid now can lie flush with the genie. So the lid isn't officially fixed, but at least we don't have death fumes permeating our home, and I feel A WHOLE LOT BETTER having taken my aggression out on something inanimate. (Sorry, Rob. Hopefully you can fix the genie when you get home) OH, and while this was happening, I saw my baby was chewing on the iPhone charger. and I let him continue while I "fixed" the genie.

*.

HAVING SAID ALL THIS (and I know I've said a lot), I feel a lot better now that Uriah has napped and I got a chance to vent my frustrations. Being a Mom is not easy, and while it is only one facet of who I am, it has really altered everything  I do, and my perception of what is important in my life. Today is just a hiccup in a journey that I am 99.9% of the time thrilled to be a part of. I know the tough times do not last forever, though alternate tough times still lie ahead in different forms. Bring it on! (Feigned bravery is still bravery, right? Fake it till you make it, as they say!)



*6. Whoever you are that rang the obnoxious buzzer and woke up my almost asleep baby just now, then were not there when I answered the buzzer: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. What I do have are a particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. (edit) I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!!! While, I do NOT LOVE what you're going through, this post made me laugh out loud. Really loud. Totally lived through every one of your feelings. Wish I were there to help!!! Love you! (and love the part that you continued to let him chew the charger...lolololollllll)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it annoying that your frustrations are so funny to the (obviously non-participatory) reader?? ha!! You are amazing, even in your frustration. Motherhood is the most exhausting, exasperating, and wonderful role in your life.

    And I love *point 6! Yep, you got skills -- writing skills!!

    Hang in there -- as you know, it's ALL WORTH IT! (in the end) Love you, sweetie. AND that (temporary) "Kraken" baby monster! hahaha!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good vent sesh. Hehe. Hope you feel better now, love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That had me laughing SO LOUD!!!!!!!!! I get it. You are such a great writer! I thoroughly enjoyed this blog, particularly because I can relate to it so well. The picture of the "Monday Lady" and the "Kraken" made me laugh so hard! Just remember, one day at a time. But thanks for the great laugh! I feel better after reading this. Love you Sis! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So did your final disclaimer! Jerry wanted me to read your blog to him and he immediately quoted, "Taken" (the movie).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete