Taylor Made

Taylor Made

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Smiling and Bathtime and Beach, Oh My!

One of the main reasons why i wanted to do a blog was so that I could keep a record of Uriah's baby milestones as best I could. I am a realist and know that I have never been crafty  or creative, nor organized when it comes to scrapbooking, and didn't want to lose any precious moment because of some technical deficiencies. So! My solution was to blog what I could, include pictures, and when I have time to update the actual baby books, I will have all of the relevant information ready! (still doesn't sound so convincing, does it? Well, it's a start!)

Uriah's a pleasant, happy baby. We are so lucky in that he only cries at this point when there is something wrong: tired, hungry, wet, cold/hot, gassy. He is easy to appease and has such a relaxed temperament. 

-This brings me to his first milestone: RESPONSIVE SMILING!

Uriah started consistently smiling in response to us when he was two and a half weeks old. From everything I've read and seen, this is very early for babies. Even at his two month appointment, the pediatrician commented that Uriah was a "social butterfly" and a bit more advanced socially then they would expect a two month old to be. I attribute his happiness in part to his awesome, happy parents! Seriously, though, I know that babies are part nature part nurture, and lucky for us, the nature part of Uriah on its own was predisposed to being happy and easy going. 
Exhibit A: June 23


Exhibit B: July 3

Exhibit C: July 16

In unrelated but mind-boggling news - look at how Uriah has filled out in two short months! The below picture is when Uriah was two weeks old. He looks like a completely different baby. Hooray for healthy eating! (He does have that Kimokeo blood, after all!)

After so many smiling pictures, I thought I would jazz things up a little.


SECOND MILESTONE COMING RIGHT UP: BATHTIME!

Uriah's first official bath in his baby bath was June 23. We had to wait for his umbilical cord to dry up and fall off, so prior to this day, we had been wiping him down. We were so excited to give him a bath! He loved it too! Here's a picture of him getting a bath from Grandma Taylor and Daddy. If you look close enough, context clues should give a good idea of the excitement that was going on in the picture. Hints: Grandma is holding a diaper up doubling as a shield, and Daddy's face should be a dead give away!



THIRD MILESTONE: BEACH DAY - HAAAAAA-Y-N!

Uriah's First Beach Day (which we consider him actually putting his feet in the water) was just this past week! He absolutely loved the water! I was surprised because I thought it would be too cold for him, but apparently, it was just as refreshing for him as it was for us! I'm always asking my Dad if Bellows will have Portuguese man of wars, because he's a surf guru and knows all the beaches and the trade winds, and whether weather will affect our fun! That day, Dad said not to risk Bellows and suggested we go to Pokai Bay on the West Side. Why have we forsaken the West side beaches all these years?! Driving down, there were so many beautiful, unpopulated beaches! Side note: Rob and I  plan to explore the West side beaches more in the coming months. Pokai Bay was perfect and so beautiful! It was like glassy and clear like a pool, with only a handful of people! Of course, this was before we discovered that they had a shark sighting five days earlier, but I figure, it's an ocean, and sharks are everywhere! Also, Eddie Would Go, so naturally, Taylors went. I was just extra observant that day! We all survived unscathed.



Let's not forget what a stud I married!





5 comments:

  1. YAAAAAY! love your blog sis!!! several things. 1) i love all the exhibits ;) 2) so nice to read your writing/documentation 3) those shark surf shorts are super cute ;) and 4) i just looooooove uriah and the taylors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth! I'm happy you are enjoying reading it! I am having fun writing them. And you're right, the shark surf shorts ARE so cute!! Thanks, Aunty Beth! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE everything about your blog! The address, the captions, the heading quote and colors, the pictures, the sentiment - everything! Your personality shines through, and you and your posterity will totally appreciate all the effort you put in this. So happy you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! For Blogs!!!!! Love, Love, LOVE your fantastic first posts!! And will look forward to all the posts to follow, especially now that you get to enjoy being a stay-at-home Mom!! I'm so glad you posted a pic of Uriah's skinny newborn body, so we can see how much he is flourishing as a baby!! He's a lucky baby -- two of the best people on the planet to be his parents!! (I bet his siblings-to-be, in heaven, CAN'T WAIT for their chance to join him!) Enjoy every moment of his wonderful baby-ness. It is so fleeting... All of a sudden, he's a toddler, and talking, and getting into stuff, etc, etc. Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself, but I'm just warning you... Treasure every second of sleep-deprived wonderfulness. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I love that your blog includes a topical guide at the end! ha! Your office skills are showing! XO

    ReplyDelete