Taylor Made

Taylor Made

Monday, August 24, 2015

Reasons Why I Love My Husband

This entry isn't really so much for the world to read as it is a nice accounting and reminder for me of some of the myriad reasons why I love my husband. These will particularly come in handy during times when he is being, well, less than lovable. Note to self: COME TO BLOG WHEN HUSBAND IS BEING LESS THAN LOVABLE. So here's a start:

-He is kind. He is soft-hearted and goes out of his way to help people, especially family.

-He loves spending time with family. Rob embraced my family from the time we were dating, and in return, everyone embraced him right back! Family is important to him, just as it is to me.

-He is a chivalrous gentleman. From the time we were dating, he has always opened and closed my car door, and continues to do so. He also opens store doors, restaurant doors...any doors, really. The man loves opening doors! Maybe it's not so much the opening doors part as it is being a gentleman and being raised well. He drops me off when there is no parking and he needs to park far (this is a gem where lazy people are concerned). He also always walks on the outside of the sidewalk (closest to cars), and I'm pretty sure if there was a huge puddle like they always portray in cartoons and old Hollywood films, he'd lay his jacket down or find some other creative way to keep me dry. 

-He is funny. He makes me laugh ALL the time. He uses this to his advantage, as he has made me laugh during times where I REALLY wanted to be mad at him. How dare you ruin my bratty snobbery with humor?! It's one of his saving graces - and when I think about it, his humor is a saving grace for me, too.

-He is spiritual. He may not go to church regularly, but he has a relationship with God, and that is so important to me. His convictions and morals are faith-based, and he supports me in my religious beliefs.

-He is SEXY! See: Dimples, biceps, smoldering eyes, etc. 







OK, OK. That's enough gawking, people. Move it along.
-He is a provider by nature. He enjoys taking care of his family and being the head of the household.

-He is a great dancer. I love that he has rhythm. Even if he didn't, I'd still love him, but at least now I have a legit dance partner!

-He's just plain COOL. From his style to his charisma to his love of sports and affinity for all things Michigan, people gravitate towards him and love being his friend. 

-He is thoughtful. He is great at giving gifts because he pays attention. More important than gifts are the thoughtful gestures he does. Two days ago, I was so tired from waking up to feed the baby, and I was very grouchy. He took the baby downstairs so that I could rest. I woke up at 12(!!!?!?!?!) completely disoriented to discover he had fed the baby (who was out cold sleeping peacefully), given the baby a bath, washed the dishes, sterilized the bottles, and hung and folded all of my laundry from the previous day. I posted this on a Mommy Facebook page I'm a part of, and it literally got 385 likes. Everyone and their mom appreciates a hubby like this. One girl even asked if he could start a school! (HA!)

-He is driven. When we met, he had the next 15 years of his life all planned out, including a double retirement. Planning and foresight are attractive! 

-He is assertive. He has no problem standing up for himself (or me) when necessary. This is an excellent trait for a Hawaii grown girl like me who was nurtured to avoid confrontation like the plague. It's that Detroit, baby!

-He embraces my culture. He definitely has his own cultural swag (are the young people still saying swag? I'm so old. At least I didn't say mojo.), but is so open to trying new food, listening to new music, and even surfing (he is an addict at this point). It makes me happy that he tries to understand and enjoy the things that I love and come from.

-He knows how to say, "I'm sorry." This is big. No one is ever right all the time, and it takes a humble person to admit when they are wrong. 

-He is super easy going. Keep the house cleanish, make anything for dinner, and he's a happy guy. 

-He is independent and knows how to clean a house and cook if he needs to. Granted, I try to  do what I can for the household since I'm staying home, but he doesn't hesitate to help where it's needed or take the initiative to get something done.

-He loves me the way I am. Through thick (and thicker these days!) and thin, good and bad, flaws and all, he accepts me as I am and sees potential in me.

-He is the father of my beautiful baby! Literally couldn't have had Uriah without him!

-He is an outstanding and hands-on Father. Feedings, diaper changes, late night/early morning cajoling, swaddling, rocking, singing, tummy time, this Daddy does it all. He is my partner in all senses of the word.

-He is mine. When we were dating, I couldn't believe that there was someone this amazing still out there. How did this happen?! I was waiting for the baggage and for the bombs to explode, and they never came. I do not take for granted the fact that I am blessed to share my life with this person. 



Obviously, I haven't even scratched the surface here, but these are a few of the things that immediately jumped out to me. I could be editing for weeks, and probably even years if I sat here long enough pondering it. 

He will be outwardly mortified by this entry. But inwardly, who doesn't like hearing how much someone loves them? :)

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome list. ❤️We LOVE rob!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stop smiling throughout this ENTIRE post!!!! I LOVED your recounting of how wonderful you husband is, and I can't even express how thrilled I am that my precious daughter has such a fantastic husband. We all love Rob so much!! He is an amazing guy, and you soooooooooo deserve each other!

    P.S. I love the humor in your blog. You are a witty, funny writer -- always have been. Your blog is a fun, sweet read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful, THOUGHTFUL entry! I was laughing and smiling the whole way through! We love these things about Rob too! You will appreciate this later. (When Jerry and I have had beefs I've pulled out some old love letters he's written and it certainly softened my heart and reminded me of the foundation of our love. I suspect this could do the same.)

    So thankful my sister found such a great "catch." (I am NOT worried about being "dated" with my old-fart lingo.) Love him and love you!!!

    And I know it takes a lot of time but GREAT JOB BLOGGING SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maika'i nui, e Hi'ileialoha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete