Taylor Made

Taylor Made

Friday, October 28, 2016

A little bit of this and a little bit of that


Been WAY too long since I did a blog entry. I think the main reason is that I know I am behind on quite a few entries I've been meaning to post, so I keep putting it off....and then have MORE entries! SO! Today's blog is going to be relatively short and sweet! 

In July, Mom Taylor and Jace made the long drive down from Michigan to come see us! They were with us for two weeks since it was summer break. We had a great time doing a lot of nothing, really! It was too hot out for adventure (upper 90s and even into the 100s based on the heat index) on most days, so we kept close to our house most of the time and just were able to enjoy one another's company. Rob and Jace went to D.C. one day, while Mom and I stayed back to relax. We went out to eat a few times, and I was happy to be able to share some yummy healthy recipes with them, too. It was great that every swap we made, Jace and Mom Taylor really liked! (ground turkey for hamburger, zucchini "zoodles" instead of pasta noodles, egg whites, turkey sausage, etc!) It was good for Uriah to be able to spend some quality time with Grandma Taylor and Jace, too! As Uriah always is, he was a bit timid with them in the beginning, but by day 3 he was all good! This was also a good opportunity for me to get to know Jace one-on one. A lot of the times that I've been around Rob's family, there are so many people to meet and greet, that I don't get to spend a lot of one-on-one time getting to know people! When Destiny, and now Jace came to visit, it gave me the opportunity to really get to know them. We had a lot of fun watching silly movies, working out at the gym, and just relaxing! We look forward to the next visit!

Post gym, hangout time, and feedings!


Zoodles with Marinara, and me and Mom get a pedicure for her birthday!
Bottom pictures are in-process and FINAL product of best homemade cinnamon rolls ever!


We had such a nice visit, and look forward to many more visits and visitors while we are here! <3







2 comments:

  1. Always good getting to know family better. Glad you could spend some nice QT with them. And your recipes always look so good! You have become such an amazing cook! Dad would sure be proud. And he would certainly be "mmmmm-ing" all your cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good daughter-in-law (and aunty)!! It looks like you were a perfect hostess -- good food and good fun! I can't wait until it's OUR turn to come again. I guess I won't get to enjoy all your wonderful cooking, though... When we come, Dad always wants to find new places to eat; and anyway, by then you will be recuperating!? :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete