Taylor Made

Taylor Made

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Kids Say and Do the Darndest Things

An early morning conversation amongst brothers:

Uriah: Good morning, Elijah!
Elijah: (turns head swiftly to the side) NO THANK YOU


A polite declination:

Me: Elijah, it's time to go moemoe (nap).
Elijah: NO THANK YOU

A tense situation between Mother and Son:

I had been scolding Uriah for something he was doing while we were driving, and he told me, "Mama, STOP," while putting his hand up. I sternly told him to put his hand down, at which point he not only kept that hand up, but decided to bring his OTHER hand up just to show me how much he WASN'T putting his hand down. I had to turn away and laugh! 

A demonstration of retention:

I often will tell the boys to "Be nice," when they are starting to get in each other's faces, or do something to upset the other. Often now if I or Rob scolds Uriah or Elijah (or even Sophie!), Uriah will interject seriously, "MAMA. BE NICE."

A case of misunderstanding (perhaps, deliberately so):

Uriah: (general screaming that accompanies toddlerhood)
Me: URIAH, STOP SCREAMING.
Uriah: Ice cream!

A macabre dining experience:

Me: Elijah, eat your chicken (on repeat throughout meal)
Elijah (also on repeat before each bite): Cluck-cluck.

A case study in theatrics:

Uriah(on the floor scrunched in apparent agony after a light brush from Elijah): MAMA, my eye hurts.
Me: Oh no, are you all right?
Uriah (scrunching face continued): I need to go hospital.

An important reminder:

The other evening, I had been so tired after a day of energetic mischievous boys, rushing around, and completing tasks all while under the weather. We were at the dinner table, and I was scrolling mindlessly through my phone on a mental break when I heard Uriah in the background, "Mama. Mama. Mama. MAMA!" (for what felt like the millionth time that day, when in actuality, it was probably only the...hundreth time) to which I responded, "NOT RIGHT NOW URIAH MAMA IS BUSY." Uriah told me, "Mama. Don't be angry. Be happy." I immediately apologized and told him that I wasn't angry. He asked me again, "You happy, Mama?" and I told him yes, I am happy. <3 Love my sweet boy!


2 comments:

  1. This made me smile ("No, THANK YOU!") and then melted my heart! I love that you are posting these sweet/funny/cute things that the boys say.

    ReplyDelete